Here are the steps on how to take snapshots in VLC:
- Open the video you want to take a snapshot of in VLC.
- Click on the View menu.
- Select Advanced Controls.
- A new set of controls will appear at the bottom of the VLC window.
- Click on the Snapshot button.
- A snapshot of the current frame will be saved to your Pictures folder.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + S to take a snapshot in VLC.
Here are some additional tips for taking snapshots in VLC:
- You can change the default location where snapshots are saved by going to Tools > Preferences > Input/Codecs > Snapshots.
- You can also change the format of the snapshots by going to the same location and selecting a different format from the Format drop-down list.
- You can take snapshots of specific frames by entering the frame number in the Frame field before clicking on the Snapshot button.
That’s it! You’ve successfully taken a snapshot of a video frame using VLC media player. You can use this feature to capture images from videos for various purposes, such as creating thumbnails or capturing memorable scenes from movies or home videos.