Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to force restart an iPhone:
- Identify the buttons on your iPhone. The location of the buttons will depend on the model of your iPhone.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier models: press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 8 and later models: press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then, press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Once the Apple logo appears, release the buttons.
- Wait for your iPhone to complete the restart process. This usually takes about 30 seconds.
That’s it! Your iPhone has been successfully force restarted. This method is useful when your iPhone is frozen, unresponsive, or experiencing other software issues.
However, it’s important to note that force restarting your iPhone will not erase any data or settings on your device. If you continue to experience issues with your iPhone after force restarting it, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps or contact Apple support for further assistance.