Gmail offers a feature called “Undo Send,” which allows you to recall an email immediately after you’ve sent it. Here’s how to use it:
- Open Gmail in your web browser and log in to your account.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the “Undo Send” section and click the checkbox next to “Enable Undo Send.”
- Choose a cancellation period from the dropdown menu. You can choose between 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
Now, when you send an email in Gmail, a message will appear at the top of the screen with the option to “Undo.” Click this button to recall the email. The email will be returned to your drafts folder, where you can edit or delete it as needed.
Note that the “Undo Send” feature is only available for a short time after you’ve sent the email, depending on the cancellation period you selected. Once the cancellation period has elapsed, the email will be sent and cannot be recalled.