To boot from a USB drive in VirtualBox, follow these steps:
- Connect the USB drive to your computer.
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click the virtual machine that you want to boot from the USB drive and select Settings.
- Click on the Storage tab.
- Under the Controller section, select SATA.
- Click on the Add Controller button.
- Select SATA Controller (AHCI) and click OK.
- Under the SATA Port 1 (SATA Controller) section, click on the Add Hard Disk button.
- Select Use an existing virtual hard disk file and click Browse.
- Navigate to the location of the USB drive and select it.
- Click OK.
- Click on the OK button to close the Settings window.
- Start the virtual machine.
- The virtual machine will boot from the USB drive.
Here are some additional tips for booting from a USB drive in VirtualBox:
- Make sure that the USB drive is formatted in a supported format. VirtualBox supports FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS formatted USB drives.
- If you are using a USB drive that contains an operating system, make sure that the operating system is compatible with VirtualBox. VirtualBox supports a wide range of operating systems, but not all operating systems are compatible with VirtualBox.
- If you are having trouble booting from a USB drive, try restarting the virtual machine. Sometimes, a simple restart is all that is needed to get the virtual machine to boot from the USB drive.