If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Go to the Apple ID account page: https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on “Forgot Apple ID or password?”.
- Enter your Apple ID and click “Continue”.
- Choose the option to reset your password. You will be given two options: “Get an email” or “Answer security questions”. Choose the one that you prefer.
- If you choose “Get an email”, Apple will send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password. Follow the steps in the email to reset your password.
- If you choose “Answer security questions”, you will be asked to answer the security questions that you set up when you created your Apple ID. Answer the questions and then follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once you reset your password, you will be prompted to sign in with your new password on all your Apple devices and services.
If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can reset your password from your trusted device:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
- Tap on “Change Password”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
If you don’t have access to any of your Apple devices, you can reset your password using a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has iOS 10 or later:
- Open the Find My app and tap on “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”.
- Enter your Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
If you still can’t reset your Apple ID password, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.