There are a few ways to take a break from someone on Facebook:
- Open Facebook: Log in to your Facebook account using the Facebook app or website.
- Go to the Person’s Profile: Navigate to the profile of the person you want to take a break from. You can find their profile by searching for their name in the search bar or by clicking on their name in your News Feed or friend list.
- Open the Profile Options: On the person’s profile, click on the three dots (…) next to the “Message” button. This will open a dropdown menu with various options.
- Choose “Take a Break”: In the dropdown menu, select “Take a Break.”
- Select the Options: Facebook will present you with a few options for taking a break from the person:
- See Less of [Person’s Name]: This option will hide the person’s posts and updates from your News Feed. You’ll still be friends with them, but their activity won’t show up as frequently.
- Limit What [Person’s Name] Will See: This option allows you to restrict the posts you share from appearing in the person’s News Feed. They won’t see updates about you as often.
- Edit Who You’ll See First: This option lets you customize whose posts you see at the top of your News Feed. You can exclude the person from this list, which will reduce their visibility in your feed.
- Choose Your Preference: Select the option that best suits your needs. You can choose one or more of the available options.
- Confirm Your Choice: Facebook will ask you to confirm your decision. Click on “OK” or “Continue” to apply the settings.
By using the “Take a Break” feature, you can adjust your interactions with the selected person on Facebook without unfriending or blocking them. It’s a more subtle way to control what you see from them and what they see from you on the platform.
Please note that Facebook’s interface and features may change with updates, so if you’re using a more recent version of the app or website, the steps and options may be slightly different. However, the general concept of accessing the person’s profile options and choosing the “Take a Break” feature should remain consistent.