Here’s how you can do it:
Method 1: Using the Notes App
- Open the Notes App: Open the “Notes” app on your iPhone or iPad. If you can’t find it on your home screen, you can use the search feature to locate it.
- Create a New Note: Tap the “+” button to create a new note.
- Add Photos to the Note: Inside the new note, tap the camera icon or the “+” button to add content. You can choose to add photos from your Camera Roll or take new photos directly within the note.
- Lock the Note: After adding the photos to the note, tap the “Share” button (it looks like an upward-pointing arrow) in the upper-right corner of the note. Then, tap “Lock Note” from the sharing options.
- Set a Password or Use Face/Touch ID: If you haven’t used the locking feature before, you’ll be prompted to set a password for the note. Alternatively, you can choose to use Face ID or Touch ID if your device supports it.
- Accessing Locked Notes: To access the locked note in the future, tap on the note and provide the password, Face ID, or Touch ID as needed.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
There are also third-party apps available on the App Store that offer more advanced photo locking and privacy features. Some popular options include “Private Photo Vault” and “KeepSafe.” These apps often provide additional security features and more control over your locked photos.
- Make sure to remember your password or set up a recovery option. If you forget the password, you might not be able to access your locked photos.
- Always keep regular backups of your important data, including locked photos, to prevent any data loss.
- Be cautious when using third-party apps and ensure you’re downloading reputable apps from the App Store.
Remember that while these methods can help protect your photos from casual access, they might not be foolproof against determined attempts to access your locked content. Always exercise caution and choose the security level that best suits your needs.