You can change your Facebook name by following these steps. Facebook allows you to change your name, but there are some guidelines and limitations you should be aware of:
Note: Facebook has certain rules regarding what kinds of names are allowed. It should be your real name, not a nickname or pseudonym. Using fake names may result in your account being suspended or disabled.
Here’s how to change your Facebook name:
Option 1: Using the Facebook Website
- Log In: Open your web browser and go to the Facebook website (www.facebook.com). Log in to your account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Access Settings: Click on the downward-pointing arrow in the top-right corner of the Facebook page to open the menu. From the menu, select “Settings & Privacy,” and then click “Settings.”
- Edit Name: In the left-hand menu, find and click on “Personal Information.” You’ll see your name at the top of the page. Click “Edit” next to your name.
- Make Changes: In the “Name” section, you can edit your first name, middle name (if applicable), and last name. Make the desired changes.
- Review and Save: Facebook may prompt you to explain the reason for the name change. This is to ensure that you are not changing your name to something against their policy. Once you’ve made your changes, click “Review Change.”
- Password Verification: You may be asked to enter your password for security purposes. Enter your password and click “Save Changes.”
Your name will now be updated on Facebook.
Option 2: Using the Facebook Mobile App
If you prefer to use the Facebook mobile app, you can change your name following these steps:
- Open the Facebook App: Launch the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Log In: Log in with your Facebook account if you haven’t already.
- Access Settings: Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner to open the menu. Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” then select “Settings.”
- Edit Name: Under the “Privacy” section, tap “Personal Information.” Then tap “Name.”
- Make Changes: You can now edit your first name, middle name (if applicable), and last name. Make the desired changes.
- Save: After editing, tap “Review Change.” You may be prompted to explain the reason for the name change, and you’ll need to enter your password for security. Once done, tap “Save Changes.”
Your name will be updated on your Facebook account.
Keep in mind that Facebook may have limitations on how often you can change your name, so be sure you’re making changes for legitimate reasons and that you’re using your real name, as required by Facebook’s policies.