Google’s Helpful Content Update is an algorithm update that is designed to reward websites that produce high-quality content written for people. The update was first announced in August 2022 and began rolling out in the following weeks.
Google defines helpful content as “content that is well-written, informative, and relevant to the user’s query.” The update targets content that is “low-quality, low-added value, or otherwise not particularly helpful to people.”
Google uses a variety of signals to determine whether content is helpful, including:
- The quality of the writing
- The accuracy of the information
- The relevance of the content to the user’s query
- The user’s satisfaction with the content
Websites that produce helpful content are likely to see an improvement in their search engine rankings. Websites that produce low-quality content may see a decrease in their rankings.
Here are some tips for creating helpful content:
- Write for people, not for search engines.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Be accurate and informative.
- Structure your content in a logical way.
- Use images and videos to break up your text.
- Proofread your work before publishing it.
By following these tips, you can create helpful content that will rank well in Google search results.
Here are some additional things to consider when creating helpful content:
- Make sure your content is original. Don’t plagiarize or copy content from other websites.
- Make sure your content is up-to-date. If you’re writing about a time-sensitive topic, be sure to update your content regularly.
- Make sure your content is engaging. Use images, videos, and other multimedia to break up your text and make your content more visually appealing.
- Promote your content. Share it on social media, email it to your subscribers, and submit it to directories and other websites.
By following these tips, you can create helpful content that will be seen by more people.