Here are two ways to perform a hard reset on an iPhone:
- Hard reset using buttons:
- On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
- On an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- Hard reset using iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a lightning cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, click on the iTunes icon to launch it.
- Press and hold the Side button until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears.
- iTunes will detect your device and display a message saying that it’s in recovery mode.
- Click on the “Restore” button in iTunes to erase your device and reinstall the latest version of iOS.
Note: A hard reset will erase all data on your iPhone and restore it to its original factory settings. It’s a good idea to backup your data before performing a hard reset, as all data will be lost during the process.