If you’ve recently upgraded your iPhone and want to pair your Apple Watch with your new device, follow these steps:
- First, make sure your new iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check this by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- On your new iPhone, open the Watch app. This app should already be pre-installed on your iPhone.
- Tap “Start Pairing” on the screen that appears. If you’ve previously paired your Apple Watch with another iPhone, you’ll need to unpair it before you can pair it with your new iPhone.
- Hold your Apple Watch and new iPhone close together. The Watch app will then prompt you to align the camera on your iPhone with the viewfinder on your Apple Watch.
- Once the camera has detected your Apple Watch, you’ll be asked to confirm the pairing code displayed on your iPhone matches the code displayed on your Apple Watch.
- Agree to the terms and conditions that appear on your iPhone, and sign in with your Apple ID when prompted.
- On the “Set Up Apple Watch” screen, you’ll have the option to restore from a backup or set up as a new watch. If you choose to restore from a backup, your Apple Watch will transfer your data from your previous iPhone.
- Once you’ve made your choice, the setup process will continue. This may take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Once the setup process is complete, your Apple Watch will be paired with your new iPhone. You can now customize your watch faces, add apps, and configure your notifications just like you did on your previous iPhone.
If you encounter any issues during the pairing process, you can consult the Apple Support website for troubleshooting tips.