To delete apps on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Home Screen: Turn on your Fire TV Stick and ensure you’re on the home screen.
- Go to “Settings”: Use your remote to navigate to the top menu and select “Settings.”
- Select “Applications”: Within the Settings menu, scroll to the right and select “Applications.”
- Manage Installed Applications: Choose “Manage Installed Applications.” This will show you a list of all the apps installed on your Fire TV Stick.
- Select App to Delete: Scroll through the list and highlight the app you want to delete.
- Open App Options: Press the “Options” button on your remote (it’s the button with three horizontal lines).
- Uninstall App: In the options menu that appears, select “Uninstall.” Confirm your choice when prompted.
- Confirm Deletion: A confirmation message will appear asking if you want to uninstall the app. Select “Uninstall” to confirm.
- App Removal: The selected app will now be deleted from your Fire TV Stick. The process might take a moment.
- Exit Settings: Once the app is uninstalled, press the “Back” button on your remote to return to the home screen.
Keep in mind that some apps might be pre-installed and cannot be uninstalled. These apps are usually part of the core Fire TV Stick functionality.
If you have sideloaded apps (apps that weren’t installed from the Amazon Appstore) and want to remove them, the process might be slightly different. You can navigate to the “Settings” > “Applications” > “Manage Installed Applications” as mentioned above and locate the sideloaded app you want to remove. However, the “Uninstall” option might not appear for these apps. In that case, you might need to use the app’s settings or find an uninstallation method specific to that app.
Please note that the user interface might vary slightly based on updates and the version of the Fire TV Stick you’re using.