There are a few ways to control LED strip lights with Alexa. Here are two of the most common methods:
Using the Alexa app
- Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Device.
- Select Smart Lights.
- Select the brand of your LED strip lights.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to connect your LED strip lights to Alexa.
Once your LED strip lights are connected to Alexa, you can control them using voice commands. For example, you can say “Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights” or “Alexa, set the kitchen lights to red.”
Using a smart home hub
If you have a smart home hub, such as a SmartThings Hub or a Wink Hub, you can use it to control your LED strip lights with Alexa. Once your LED strip lights are connected to your smart home hub, you can control them using the Alexa app or by voice commands.
Here are some of the voice commands you can use to control LED strip lights with Alexa:
- “Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights.”
- “Alexa, turn off the kitchen lights.”
- “Alexa, set the kitchen lights to red.”
- “Alexa, make the kitchen lights flash.”
- “Alexa, dim the kitchen lights to 50%.”
You can also use more complex voice commands to control your LED strip lights. For example, you could say “Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights and set them to a warm white color.”
Remember that the exact steps might vary depending on the specific brand of LED strip lights, the smart home platform you’re using, and any updates or changes made to the integration process since my last update in September 2021. If you’re encountering any issues, you can refer to the How-To Geek article for detailed instructions or check the official documentation of your LED strip lights and smart home app for guidance.