Blocking your number in Caller ID on both iPhones and Android smartphones is relatively straightforward. Here’s how you can do it on both platforms:
Block Your Number on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Phone.”
- Tap on “Show My Caller ID.”
- Toggle off the switch next to “Show My Caller ID.”
Once you turn off the “Show My Caller ID” option, your number will be blocked, and the people you call won’t see your phone number on their Caller ID display. Please note that this setting will apply to all outgoing calls until you turn it back on.
Block Your Number on Android:
- Open the Phone app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the three-dot menu (sometimes called “More” or “Settings”) usually located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” or “Call settings” from the menu.
- Look for the option “Additional settings” or “Caller ID” and tap on it.
- Depending on your device and carrier, you’ll find different options to set your Caller ID. You may see options like “Hide number,” “Caller ID Blocking,” or “Show my Caller ID.”
- Select “Hide number” or “Caller ID Blocking” to block your number on outgoing calls.
Please note that the wording and the exact location of these settings may vary slightly depending on your Android device manufacturer and the version of Android you’re running.
Keep in mind that blocking your number in Caller ID will prevent your phone number from being displayed when making calls to others. However, some organizations and emergency services may still be able to see your number in certain situations. Additionally, not all countries and carriers support Caller ID blocking, so it may not work in all cases.
Always use Caller ID blocking responsibly and be aware of any potential restrictions or implications based on your location and local regulations.