Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud:
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to your device’s Settings app.
- Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “iCloud.”
- Scroll down and tap on “iCloud Backup.”
- Make sure the toggle switch is turned on for “iCloud Backup.” If it is off, toggle it on.
- Tap on “Back Up Now” to start a manual backup. If you prefer to have automatic backups, make sure the toggle switch for “iCloud Backup” is on, and your device will automatically back up when it’s connected to Wi-Fi, locked, and plugged in to a power source.
- Wait for the backup to complete. The time it takes depends on the amount of data on your device and the speed of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Once the backup is complete, you can check the backup by going back to the “iCloud Backup” screen and looking at the time and size of the latest backup.
That’s it! Your iPhone or iPad is now backed up to iCloud. If you need to restore your device from the backup, you can do so by going to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings” and following the onscreen instructions. During the setup process, you’ll have the option to restore from an iCloud backup.