Whether or not the time for 32GB of RAM has finally come depends on your needs and what you use your computer for. If you are a gamer, video editor, or other power user, then 32GB of RAM can be a great way to improve your performance. However, if you are a casual user who just uses your computer for basic tasks, then 16GB of RAM is probably enough.
Here are some of the benefits of having 32GB of RAM:
- Smoother multitasking: With more RAM, you can run more programs at the same time without experiencing lag or slowdown.
- Better performance for demanding tasks: If you do things like video editing, 3D rendering, or gaming, then 32GB of RAM can give you a significant performance boost.
- More headroom for the future: As software becomes more demanding, 32GB of RAM will give you some extra breathing room.
However, there are also some drawbacks to having 32GB of RAM:
- It’s more expensive: 32GB of RAM is more expensive than 16GB of RAM.
- It’s not necessary for everyone: If you’re not a power user, then you probably don’t need 32GB of RAM.
- It can be overkill: If you’re not using all of your RAM, then it’s just sitting there unused.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to get 32GB of RAM is up to you. If you think you’ll benefit from the extra performance, then it’s a good option. However, if you’re not sure, then you might want to start with 16GB and upgrade later if you need to.