Here is everything you need to know about your Apple Watch Move goal:
The Move goal is one of the three activity goals on your Apple Watch. It measures the amount of active calories you burn throughout the day. Active calories are the calories you burn above your resting metabolic rate. Your resting metabolic rate is the number of calories you burn at rest.
The Move goal is personalized to you based on your age, height, weight, and activity level. When you first set up your Apple Watch, it will ask you to choose a Move goal. You can also change your Move goal at any time by going to the Activity app on your Apple Watch and tapping on Move.
The Move goal is displayed on your Apple Watch’s Activity Rings. The Move ring is the green ring. When you close your Move ring, you have met your daily goal for active calories burned.
There are a few things you can do to increase your Move goal:
- Be more active throughout the day. This means getting up and moving around more often, even if it’s just for a few minutes at a time.
- Do some form of exercise. This could be anything from walking to running to swimming.
- Set a higher Move goal. If you’re finding that you’re consistently meeting your current Move goal, you can increase it to challenge yourself.
Here are some additional tips for using the Move goal on your Apple Watch:
- Track your progress. You can see how you’re doing towards your Move goal by checking the Activity app on your Apple Watch or iPhone.
- Set reminders. You can set reminders to remind you to move around throughout the day.
- Incorporate challenges. You can participate in challenges with friends or family to stay motivated.