Here are three simple methods to hide photos on your iPhone:
- Using the Hidden Album (iOS 14 and later):
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Find the photo you want to hide and tap on it to open it.
- Tap the share button (the square with an arrow pointing upwards).
- Scroll down and select “Hide” from the options.
- Confirm by tapping “Hide Photo.”
The hidden photo will be moved to the “Hidden” album under the Albums tab, which is not visible on the main Albums screen.
- Using Notes App:
- Open the Photos app and select the photo you want to hide.
- Tap the share button and choose “Add to Notes.”
- Open the Notes app, find the note with the photo, and tap on it.
- Tap on the photo within the note.
- Tap the share button within the note and choose “Lock Note.”
- If you haven’t set up a password or biometric lock for Notes, you’ll be prompted to do so.
This way, your photo will be stored in a locked note, which adds an extra layer of security.
- Using Third-Party Apps (e.g., Private Photo Vault): There are various apps available on the App Store that are specifically designed to help you hide and secure your photos. One popular option is “Private Photo Vault.” Here’s a general idea of how to use such an app:
- Download and install a trusted photo vault app from the App Store.
- Open the app and follow the setup instructions.
- Typically, you can import photos from your Camera Roll into the app’s secure storage.
- You might be required to set up a PIN, password, or biometric lock to access the app.
- After importing, the photos won’t be visible in your main Photos app but will be accessible within the vault app.
Remember that while these methods can provide a level of privacy, they are not foolproof. If someone has access to your device and is determined to find hidden content, they might still be able to uncover it. It’s essential to consider your overall device security and who has access to your phone.