As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there was no official Twitch app available for Roku devices. However, you can still watch Twitch on your Roku by using third-party apps or screen mirroring. Here are two methods you can try:
- Twitched – Twitch on Roku using a third-party app:
- Go to the Roku Home screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” and select “Search Channels.”
- Type “Twitched” in the search bar and select the Twitched app from the search results.
- Choose “Add channel” to install the Twitched app on your Roku.
- Once installed, launch the Twitched app from the Roku Home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Twitch account or activate the app using the provided code.
- Once logged in, you should be able to browse and watch Twitch streams using the Twitched app on your Roku.
- Screen Mirroring – Watch Twitch on Roku via screen mirroring:
- Ensure that your Roku device and the device you want to mirror from (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or PC) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Roku, go to “Settings” from the Roku Home screen.
- Select “System” and then choose “Screen mirroring.”
- Set the screen mirroring mode to either “Always allow” or “Prompt.”
- On your device, enable screen mirroring or casting functionality based on its operating system.
- Once screen mirroring is enabled on your device, it should detect your Roku device.
- Select your Roku device from the list to establish a connection.
- Open the Twitch app or website on your device and start watching a stream.
- The content should now be mirrored to your Roku device, allowing you to watch Twitch on your TV.
Please note that these methods might have changed or new official Twitch apps for Roku might have been released since my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. It’s recommended to check the Roku Channel Store or Twitch website for the latest information on watching Twitch on Roku.