Here are the steps on how to use Focus Mode on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Digital Wellbeing & parental controls.
- Tap on Focus mode.
- Tap on Add a focus mode.
- Give your focus mode a name and select the apps that you want to block during focus mode.
- Tap on Start.
Once you have started Focus mode, you will see a notification that says “Focus mode is on.” You will also see a timer that shows how much time you have left in focus mode.
To exit Focus mode, you can either wait for the timer to run out, or you can tap on the notification and then tap on Exit.
Here are some things to keep in mind when using Focus mode:
- You can only use Focus mode on devices that are running Android 9 Pie or later.
- Focus mode is not available on all devices. You will need to check the compatibility list to see if your device is supported.
- Focus mode does not block notifications from all apps. You can choose which apps to block during focus mode.
- Focus mode does not block calls or alarms. You will still be able to receive calls and alarms while Focus mode is on.
Focus mode can be a helpful way to stay focused and avoid distractions. If you find yourself getting sidetracked by your phone, try using Focus mode to help you stay on task.
Here are some tips for using Focus mode effectively:
- Choose the right apps to block. If you find yourself getting distracted by certain apps, block them during focus mode.
- Set a timer. This will help you stay focused for a specific amount of time.
- Take breaks. It is important to take breaks even when you are in focus mode. Get up and move around, or take a few minutes to relax your eyes.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust your settings. If you find that Focus mode is not working for you, adjust the settings until you find a setting that works for you.