AirDrop is a feature on iPhone and iPad devices that allows you to wirelessly share files, photos, and videos with nearby devices that are also AirDrop-enabled. Here’s how you can use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad:
- Make sure that AirDrop is enabled on your device: Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen (or from the top-right corner on newer iPhones). Press and hold the network settings card in the top-left corner of Control Center. This will bring up the AirDrop settings. Choose either “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” depending on who you want to be able to AirDrop with.
- Open the file, photo, or video you want to share: Go to the app where the file is located, select the file, photo, or video that you want to share, and tap the “share” icon (it looks like a square with an upward arrow).
- Choose the recipient: The AirDrop icon will appear at the top of the screen. Tap it, and you’ll see a list of nearby AirDrop-enabled devices. Select the device you want to share the file with.
- Accept the file: On the recipient’s device, a prompt will appear asking them to accept the file. They can choose to either accept or decline the file.
- View the shared file: Once the recipient accepts the file, it will be saved in the appropriate app on their device.
That’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can easily use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad to share files with nearby devices.