EPUB is a popular ebook format used by many ebook readers, while Kindle uses its own proprietary format called AZW. However, it is possible to transfer EPUB files to your Kindle device or app using the following methods:
Method 1: Use a Conversion Tool
- Download and install a free ebook conversion tool such as Calibre on your computer.
- Open Calibre and click on “Add books” to select the EPUB file you want to transfer.
- Once the EPUB file is added, select it and click on “Convert books”.
- In the conversion window, choose “MOBI” or “AZW3” as the output format.
- Connect your Kindle device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click on “Send to device” to transfer the converted file to your Kindle.
Method 2: Email the EPUB File to Your Kindle Email Address
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account.
- Under “Account & Lists”, select “Manage Your Content and Devices”.
- Click on “Settings” and scroll down to “Personal Document Settings”.
- Find your Kindle’s email address in the “Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings” section.
- Add the EPUB file as an attachment to an email and send it to your Kindle email address.
- The EPUB file will be converted to Kindle format and delivered to your Kindle device or app via Wi-Fi.
Note that some EPUB files may not be compatible with Kindle devices and apps, or may not convert properly using these methods.