To check screen time on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open Settings: Unlock your iPhone and tap on the “Settings” app. The icon resembles gears on a gray background.
- Scroll Down and Tap on “Screen Time”: In the Settings menu, scroll down and look for “Screen Time.” Tap on it to access the Screen Time settings.
- View Screen Time Summary: In the Screen Time menu, you’ll see an overview of your screen time usage for the current day. It will display the total time you’ve spent on your device and the number of times you’ve picked up your phone.
- Tap “See All Activity” for More Details: To view more detailed information about your screen time usage, tap on “See All Activity” below the summary.
- View Detailed Usage Data: In this section, you can see a breakdown of your screen time usage by app and category. It will show the total time spent on each app or category for the current day and the past seven days. You can also see the number of pickups and notifications received for each app.
- Set App Limits (Optional): If you want to set limits on specific app usage, you can tap on “App Limits” in the Screen Time menu. From there, you can set daily time limits for individual apps or app categories.
- Downtime and App Allowances (Optional): In the Screen Time settings, you can also set “Downtime” to schedule periods of time when only specific apps are allowed, and “App Limits” to set usage limits for certain app categories.
Screen Time provides valuable insights into how you use your iPhone, including app usage, pickups, notifications, and more. It can be useful for managing screen time, setting limits for specific apps or activities, and promoting a healthier balance between screen time and other activities.
Please note that the Screen Time feature is available on devices running iOS 12 and later versions. If your iPhone runs an older version of iOS, you may not have access to Screen Time.