Here’s how to appear offline on Discord using the desktop app:
1. Open Discord and Log In: Launch the Discord desktop app on your computer and log in with your Discord account credentials.
2. Access User Settings: Click on the gear icon (⚙️) at the bottom left corner of the Discord window to open User Settings.
3. Navigate to Privacy & Safety: In the User Settings menu, look for “Privacy & Safety” on the left-hand side and click on it.
4. Choose Online Status: In the “Privacy & Safety” section, locate the “Online Status” setting. It will allow you to control how your online status is displayed to others.
5. Set Status to “Invisible”: Click on the dropdown menu next to “Online Status” and select “Invisible” from the available options.
6. Confirm Choice: A confirmation window will pop up, informing you that switching to invisible status will hide your online status and prevent you from seeing other people’s online status. Click on “Okay” to confirm.
7. Verify Status Change: After selecting “Invisible,” your online status will change to “Invisible,” and you’ll appear offline to others.
Please note that while in “Invisible” mode, you can still use Discord as usual, send and receive messages, join voice channels, and interact with servers and communities. The difference is that other users won’t see your online status, and you won’t be able to see their online statuses either.
Keep in mind that Discord may update its features and user interface over time. If the steps or options described above have changed in more recent versions of Discord, refer to the Discord support documentation or settings menu for the most up-to-date instructions on how to appear offline.