Creating a distribution list, also known as a contact group, in Outlook can save you time when sending emails to a group of people. Here’s how to create a distribution list in Outlook:
- Open Outlook and click on the “People” icon at the bottom of the screen to open your Contacts.
- Click on the “New Contact Group” button in the “Home” tab.
- In the “Contact Group” window that opens, type in a name for your distribution list in the “Name” field.
- Click on “Add Members” to add contacts to your distribution list.
- Choose “From Outlook Contacts” to add people from your existing contacts list or “New E-mail Contact” to add a new email address.
- Select the people you want to add to your distribution list and click “Members” to add them.
- Click “OK” to close the “Members” window and add the selected contacts to your distribution list.
- Click “Save & Close” to save your distribution list.
Once you’ve created a distribution list in Outlook, you can use it to send emails to multiple contacts at once by simply typing the name of the distribution list in the “To” field of a new email.
Overall, creating a distribution list in Outlook can be a useful way to organize your contacts and save time when sending emails to groups of people.