Here are the steps on how to get a “My Computer” icon on the desktop in Windows 10:
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
- Select Personalize.
- In the Personalization window, select Themes.
- Under Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- In the Desktop Icon Settings window, check the box next to Computer.
- Click Apply and then OK.
A My Computer icon will be added to your desktop.
Here are some additional tips for getting a “My Computer” icon on the desktop in Windows 10:
- You can also create a shortcut to My Computer by right-clicking on the This PC icon in the Start menu and selecting Create shortcut.
- If you want to change the icon that is used for My Computer, you can right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties. In the Properties window, select the Change Icon button.
- You can also hide the My Computer icon on the desktop by unchecking the box next to Computer in the Desktop Icon Settings window.