Here’s how to enable Push to Talk in Discord:
- Open Discord and Log In: Launch the Discord app on your computer and log in with your Discord account credentials.
- Access User Settings: Click on the gear icon (⚙️) located near the bottom-left corner of the Discord window. This opens the User Settings menu.
- Go to Voice & Video Settings: In the User Settings menu, select “Voice & Video” from the left-hand sidebar. This will display the voice settings options.
- Enable Push to Talk: Under the “Input Mode” section, click on the drop-down menu and select “Push to Talk.” This will activate the Push to Talk feature.
- Set a Push to Talk Key: After enabling Push to Talk, you’ll see a section labeled “Shortcut.” Click on “Record Keybind” to set your preferred hotkey for Push to Talk. Press the key or combination of keys you want to use as your Push to Talk button. Discord will automatically detect and set the keybind for you.
- Adjust Sensitivity (Optional): Below the keybind options, you’ll find a “Input Sensitivity” slider. You can adjust this slider to control the sensitivity of your microphone when Push to Talk is activated. Higher sensitivity means your microphone will activate with lower volume levels, and vice versa.
- Test Your Setup: To ensure your Push to Talk is working correctly, click the “Let’s Check” button under the “Voice & Video” settings. Discord will prompt you to speak into your microphone while holding down the Push to Talk key. If you see the green bar moving as you speak, your Push to Talk is functioning correctly.
- Save Settings: Once you have adjusted your Push to Talk settings to your preference, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the Voice & Video settings page.
With Push to Talk enabled, you can now hold down your chosen hotkey when you want to speak in a Discord voice channel. Remember to release the key when you’re done speaking to prevent your microphone from picking up background noise. If you encounter any issues or changes in the Discord app’s interface, always refer to the official Discord documentation for the most up-to-date information.