To enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, you can follow these general steps:
Note: The steps may slightly vary depending on the version of Microsoft Office you are using.
- Open any Microsoft Office application, such as Word or Excel.
- Click on the “File” tab located at the top left corner of the application window.
- In the menu that appears, click on “Options” (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) or “Office Account” (Outlook).
- In the Options or Office Account window, look for the “General” or “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” section.
- Within that section, you should see an option called “Office Theme” or “Office Theme (for Outlook).” By default, it is usually set to “Colorful” or “White.”
- Select the “Black” or “Dark Gray” option from the Office Theme dropdown menu.
- Click “OK” or “Apply” to save the changes.
Once you’ve enabled Dark Mode, the interface of your Microsoft Office applications will switch to a darker color scheme, providing a more comfortable viewing experience in low-light environments.
Remember that Dark Mode may not be available in older versions of Microsoft Office or in certain subscription plans. Ensure that you have the latest updates installed for your Office applications to access this feature.