Google Trends is a free online tool provided by Google that allows users to track the popularity of search terms over time and across different regions. It can be used to analyze and compare the search interest of different keywords and topics, and to gain insights into trends and patterns in search behavior.
To use Google Trends, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Trends website: https://trends.google.com/
- Enter your search term or topic in the search bar. You can enter up to five search terms at once to compare them.
- Use the filters to refine your search. You can filter by location, time range, category, and type of search (e.g. web search, image search, news search).
- View the results. Google Trends will show you a graph of the search interest over time, as well as related topics, queries, and rising trends.
- Analyze the data. Look for patterns and trends in the data, and use the insights to inform your marketing, content, or research strategy.
Some tips for using Google Trends effectively include:
- Use specific keywords or phrases to get more accurate results.
- Use the comparison feature to compare multiple keywords or topics at once.
- Use the filters to narrow down your search to a specific location or time range.
- Look for spikes or dips in the graph to identify important events or trends that may be affecting search behavior.
- Use the related topics and queries section to discover related keywords and topics that may be of interest.
- Monitor trends over time to stay informed about changes in search behavior and adjust your strategy accordingly.