You can use the Gmail SMTP server to send emails for free. Here are the steps to set it up:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- In the “Send mail as” section, click on “Add another email address”.
- Enter the email address you want to send emails from.
- In the “SMTP Server” field, enter “smtp.gmail.com”.
- In the “Username” field, enter your Gmail email address.
- In the “Password” field, enter your Gmail password.
- Set the “Port” to 587.
- Select “TLS” as the “Security protocol”.
- Click on “Add account”.
Once you have added the email address and SMTP server, you can start sending emails from your Gmail account using the new email address. When you compose a new email, you will be able to select the email address you want to send it from by clicking on the “From” field.
It’s important to note that Gmail limits the number of emails you can send per day using their SMTP server. The exact limit varies depending on various factors, such as the age of your account and your sending behavior. If you need to send a large volume of emails, you may need to consider using a paid email service or a dedicated SMTP provider.