Sharing files and folders from your Google Drive is easy and can be done in just a few steps:
- Open Google Drive: Go to drive.google.com and sign in to your Google account if prompted.
- Select the file or folder you want to share: Find the file or folder you want to share and click on it to select it. You can also select multiple files or folders by holding down the “Ctrl” or “Command” key while clicking on them.
- Click the “Share” button: In the top-right corner of the page, click the “Share” button. A pop-up window will appear.
- Choose who to share with: In the “People” field, enter the email addresses of the people you want to share the file or folder with. You can also choose to share with a group, anyone with the link, or make the file or folder public.
- Choose the level of access: Use the drop-down menu next to the “People” field to select the level of access you want to give to the people you’re sharing with. You can choose from “Can edit,” “Can comment,” or “Can view.”
- Add a message (optional): If you want to include a message with the shared file or folder, click on the pencil icon next to the “Add message” field and type your message.
- Click “Send”: When you’re ready to share the file or folder, click the “Send” button. Your recipients will receive an email with a link to the shared file or folder.
That’s it! You’ve now shared your Google Drive file or folder with others. You can also change the sharing settings at any time by clicking on the file or folder and clicking the “Share” button again.