Sharing a Google Calendar allows you to collaborate with others and keep them updated about your events and schedules. Here’s how you can share a Google Calendar:
- Access Google Calendar: Open your web browser and go to Google Calendar at https://calendar.google.com/. Make sure you’re signed in with the Google account that contains the calendar you want to share.
- Select the Calendar: On the left side of the Google Calendar interface, you’ll see a list of your calendars. Click on the calendar you want to share to select it.
- Open Calendar Settings: Hover your mouse over the calendar name, and you’ll see a vertical ellipsis (three dots) icon. Click on this icon to open a menu. From the menu, select “Settings and sharing.”
- Share with Specific People: In the “Settings and sharing” section, you’ll see a “Share with specific people” section. Here, you can add the email addresses of the individuals you want to share the calendar with. You can assign different permission levels: “See only free/busy,” “See all event details,” “Make changes to events,” or “Make changes and manage sharing.”
- Add People: Type the email addresses of the people you want to share the calendar with in the “Add people” field. You can add multiple email addresses at once.
- Choose Permissions: Use the dropdown menu next to each email address to select the appropriate permission level for each person. Choose from the options mentioned in step 4.
- Notify People: If you want to notify the people you’re sharing the calendar with, you can check the box that says “Send email to notify people.”
- Save Changes: After you’ve added the email addresses and chosen the permissions, click the “Save” button to apply the changes.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the people you’ve shared the calendar with will receive an email notification (if you opted to send one). They will also be able to see and access the shared calendar according to the permissions you’ve assigned.
Remember that any changes you make to the calendar, such as adding or modifying events, will be reflected in real-time for those who have access to the shared calendar. They can also respond to invitations and events if you’ve given them appropriate permissions.