The “Activate Windows” watermark is a reminder that your copy of Windows 10 is not activated. This watermark can be annoying and distracting, but there are a few ways to remove it. It’s important to note that activating Windows 10 is important for security and to ensure that you have access to all of the features of the operating system. However, if you are unable to activate Windows 10 for any reason, there are a few workarounds that can help you remove the watermark.
Method 1: Use a product key
The most straightforward way to remove the “Activate Windows” watermark is to enter a valid product key. You can obtain a product key by purchasing Windows 10 from a reputable retailer or online store. Once you have a product key, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Activation.
- Click on Change product key.
- Enter your product key and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 2: Use a third-party tool
There are a number of third-party tools that can help you remove the “Activate Windows” watermark. These tools work by modifying the Windows registry, so it’s important to use them with caution. Before using any third-party tool, it’s a good idea to create a backup of your registry.
Method 3: Use the Remove Watmark script
There is a PowerShell script available online that can be used to remove the “Activate Windows” watermark. To use this script, follow these steps:
- Download the script file from a reputable source.
- Save the script file to your computer.
- Open PowerShell with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the directory where you saved the script file.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
Once the script has finished running, the “Activate Windows” watermark should be removed.
Method 4: Use the Ease of Access Center
The Ease of Access Center in Windows 10 includes an option to hide background images, which can also be used to remove the “Activate Windows” watermark. To use this option, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Ease of Access Center.
- Click on Make the computer easier to see.
- Check the box next to “Remove background images (where available)”.
- Click Apply and then OK.
The “Activate Windows” watermark should now be hidden.
It’s important to note that these workarounds are not permanent solutions. The “Activate Windows” watermark may reappear after you install Windows updates or restart your computer. If you want to permanently remove the watermark, you will need to activate Windows 10 with a valid product key.