Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to map a network drive on Windows 11:
- Open File Explorer: You can open File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E or clicking on the folder icon in the taskbar.
- Click on “This PC”: In the left-hand navigation pane of File Explorer, you should see “This PC” listed. Click on it to open the “Computer” tab.
- Click “Map network drive”: In the “Computer” tab, you’ll find the “Map network drive” button in the top menu. Click on it to open the “Map Network Drive” wizard.
- Choose a Drive Letter: In the “Map Network Drive” wizard, you can choose an available drive letter from the dropdown menu. This will be the letter assigned to the network drive.
- Select the Network Folder: You have two options to select the network folder you want to map:
- Browse: Click the “Browse” button to locate and select the network folder in your network.
- Type the network path: Alternatively, you can directly type the network path (e.g.,
\\server\share) of the folder you want to map.
- Optional: Reconnect at sign-in and Connect using different credentials: If you want the network drive to be available each time you sign in to your computer, check the “Reconnect at sign-in” option. If you need to use different credentials to access the network folder, check the “Connect using different credentials” option.
- Click “Finish”: Once you’ve selected the network folder and configured any optional settings, click the “Finish” button. The network drive will be mapped, and you should see it in the File Explorer under “This PC.”
Remember that to map a network drive, you need to have the necessary permissions and access to the network folder. If you encounter any issues, double-check the network path and credentials you provided during the mapping process.
Please note that Windows 11 might have undergone updates or changes beyond my knowledge cutoff date, and the steps might be slightly different if that’s the case. In that situation, I recommend checking the official Microsoft support website or the How-To Geek website for the most up-to-date instructions.