There are two main methods to make the taskbar transparent in Windows 10: using the built-in Transparency effects option or using a third-party tool like TranslucentTB.
Method 1: Using Transparency effects
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Colors.
- Scroll down and toggle the Transparency effects switch to the On position.
Method 2: Using TranslucentTB
- Download and install TranslucentTB from GitHub.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file and run the TranslucentTB.exe file.
- The taskbar will become transparent. You can adjust the transparency level by clicking on the TranslucentTB icon in the notification area and selecting the desired opacity.
- The Transparency effects option in Windows 10 only makes the taskbar partially transparent. For a fully transparent taskbar, you will need to use a third-party tool like TranslucentTB.
- Using a third-party tool like TranslucentTB may slightly reduce your system performance.
- Some third-party tools may not be compatible with all versions of Windows 10.