To change the time zone on an iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings: Unlock your iPhone and open the “Settings” app. It has a gear icon and is typically found on the home screen.
2. Scroll and Select “General”: In the Settings app, scroll down and tap on “General.”
3. Choose “Date & Time”: Under the General settings, find and select “Date & Time.”
4. Turn off “Set Automatically”: In the “Date & Time” settings, you should see an option labeled “Set Automatically.” Toggle this switch to turn it off.
5. Select Time Zone: Once “Set Automatically” is turned off, you can now manually set the time zone. Tap on “Time Zone.”
6. Choose Your Time Zone: A list of time zones will appear. Scroll through the list and select the time zone that corresponds to your location. You can also type the name of your city or region in the search bar at the top to find your time zone quickly.
7. Verify Changes: After selecting the correct time zone, go back to the “Date & Time” settings. Make sure “Set Automatically” is still turned off, and the correct time zone is displayed.
8. Set the Date and Time (Optional): While in the “Date & Time” settings, you can manually adjust the date and time if necessary. However, it’s generally best to keep “Set Automatically” enabled for accurate date and time updates based on your location.
9. Exit Settings: Once you’ve set the time zone and any other desired date and time settings, exit the Settings app by pressing the home button or swiping up (on iPhones without a home button) to return to the home screen.
Your iPhone should now display the correct time based on the selected time zone. Keep in mind that if you travel to a different time zone, your iPhone should automatically update its time to match the local time once you enable “Set Automatically” again.