Choosing the “best” wireless earbuds depends on your specific needs and preferences, but here’s a breakdown of some top contenders in different categories, described without visuals:
- Sony WF-1000XM4: Exceptional active noise cancellation (ANC) blocks out most ambient noise, excellent sound quality with rich bass and clear highs, comfortable and secure fit with multiple ear tip options, long battery life. However, their bulky charging case might be a deterrent for some.
- Skullcandy Sesh Evo: Affordable price tag, surprisingly good sound quality with balanced audio, decent ANC for the price, sweatproof and IPX4 water-resistant, compact and portable charging case. Lacks some features like multipoint pairing and wireless charging.
Best for Apple Users:
- Apple AirPods Pro: Seamless integration with Apple devices, spatial audio for an immersive listening experience, good ANC, comfortable fit with customizable ear tips. However, their high price tag and lack of support for Hi-Res Audio codecs might discourage non-Apple users.
Best for Running and Workouts:
- Jabra Elite 7 Active: Secure fit with ear hooks for active use, sweatproof and IPx7 water-resistant, decent ANC, good sound quality with balanced audio and emphasis on bass. Battery life could be longer.
Other factors to consider:
- Noise cancellation: How important is strong ANC to you? Consider your typical environment and how much noise you need to block out.
- Sound quality: Do you prioritize balanced sound, powerful bass, or clarity? Look for earbuds with good reviews for their audio performance.
- Comfort: Will you be wearing these earbuds for long periods? Make sure they’re comfortable and have a secure fit.
- Features: Do you need features like multipoint pairing, voice assistant support, or wireless charging? Choose earbuds that offer the features you value.
- Price: Wireless earbuds range in price from around $50 to $300. Set a budget and find options that fit within it.