XPS 13 vs XPS 13 Plus: Clash of the Ultraportables
Dell’s XPS 13 series has long been a benchmark for premium laptops, but with the arrival of the XPS 13 Plus, things have gotten interesting. Both boast sleek designs and powerful performance, but they cater to slightly different needs. Let’s dive into the key differences to help you decide which XPS 13 reigns supreme for you.
- XPS 13: The classic XPS 13 retains its timeless elegance, with a thin aluminum chassis and a traditional keyboard layout with visible function keys.
- XPS 13 Plus: The Plus model takes a bolder approach, sporting an edge-to-edge keyboard with invisible function keys that only light up when touched. It’s slimmer and lighter than the regular XPS 13, but the haptic feedback trackpad might take some getting used to.
- XPS 13: Both laptops offer 12th Gen Intel Core processors, but the Plus model gets a slight edge with the option for newer 13th Gen chips. Both configurations deliver excellent performance for everyday tasks and even some light gaming.
- XPS 13 Plus: The Plus model boasts better thermal performance thanks to a larger vapor chamber, potentially leading to sustained performance under heavy workloads.
- XPS 13: The standard XPS 13 offers a wider range of port options, including a USB-A port and an SD card reader, which are absent on the Plus model.
- XPS 13 Plus: The Plus model counters with a gorgeous OLED touchscreen display option, while the regular XPS 13 is limited to an IPS panel. It also comes with Wi-Fi 6E support for faster wireless speeds.
- XPS 13: The XPS 13 starts at a more affordable price point, making it a tempting option for budget-conscious buyers.
- XPS 13 Plus: The Plus model commands a premium price tag due to its cutting-edge design and features.
The choice between the XPS 13 and XPS 13 Plus boils down to your priorities and budget. If you value affordability, traditional design, and a wider range of ports, the XPS 13 is a safe bet. However, if you crave cutting-edge aesthetics, a stunning OLED display, and the latest in processor technology, the XPS 13 Plus is worth the splurge. Ultimately, both laptops are outstanding choices in the ultraportable market, so pick the one that best complements your style and needs.
Bonus Tip: Don’t forget to consider factors like battery life, upgradeability, and warranty options when making your final decision.