Wellbutrin 75 mg tablets are used to treat depression, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), and to help people quit smoking.
- Depression: Wellbutrin can help to improve mood, reduce feelings of sadness, and increase energy levels in people with depression.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): Wellbutrin can help to improve mood and reduce symptoms of SAD during the winter months.
- Smoking cessation: Wellbutrin can help to reduce cravings for cigarettes and make it easier to quit smoking.
Wellbutrin can cause a number of side effects, including:
- Common side effects: Dry mouth, headache, insomnia, anxiety, tremors, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.
- Less common side effects: Seizures, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, weight loss, and sexual problems.
Wellbutrin can interact with other medications, so it is important to tell your doctor about all of the medications you are taking before starting Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin can also cause seizures, especially in people who have a history of seizures or who are taking other medications that can lower the seizure threshold.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Wellbutrin should also not be used by people with certain medical conditions, such as bipolar disorder, heart disease, and liver disease.
How to take Wellbutrin 75 mg tablets
Wellbutrin 75 mg tablets should be taken by mouth with or without food. The usual starting dose is 150 mg per day, but your doctor may adjust your dose as needed. Wellbutrin should be taken for at least 4 weeks before you can tell if it is working.
If you are taking Wellbutrin to quit smoking, your doctor may start you on a higher dose. You should also be prepared to use other smoking cessation aids, such as nicotine replacement therapy.
If you miss a dose of Wellbutrin 75 mg tablets
If you miss a dose of Wellbutrin, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose as scheduled. Do not take two doses of Wellbutrin at the same time.
If you have any questions or concerns about taking Wellbutrin 75 mg tablets, talk to your doctor.