The Find My app is a built-in app on Apple devices that can be used to locate a missing device or item. Here’s how to use it:
- Make sure that your device is signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Open the Find My app on another Apple device or go to iCloud.com/find on a computer.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
- Select the device or item that you want to locate from the list of devices or items associated with your Apple ID.
- If the device or item is online and connected to the internet, you will see its location on a map. You can also play a sound on the device or item to help you locate it.
- If the device or item is offline or not connected to the internet, you can still put it in Lost Mode. This will lock the device or item and display a custom message with your phone number on the lock screen. If someone finds the device or item, they can call the phone number to contact you.
Note that in order to use the Find My app, the device or item must be turned on and have location services and Find My enabled. Additionally, you must have previously set up Find My on the device or item.