Taking screenshots and screen recordings on an iPhone is a quick and easy way to capture and share what’s on your screen. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to take screenshots and screen recordings on your iPhone.
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone
To take a screenshot on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Locate the content you want to capture on your screen.
- Press and hold the Side button on the right side of your iPhone.
- Quickly press the Volume Up button on the left side of your iPhone.
- Release both buttons.
You should see a flash of the screen, and hear a camera shutter sound (if your device is not on silent mode). The screenshot will be saved to your Photos app. You can view and edit the screenshot by opening the Photos app, selecting the screenshot, and tapping the “Edit” button.
How to Take a Screen Recording on iPhone
To take a screen recording on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone. You can do this by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen on an iPhone X or later, or by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on an iPhone 8 or earlier.
- Tap the “Screen Recording” button. If you don’t see the “Screen Recording” button, you may need to add it to your Control Center first. To do this, go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, and tap the “+” icon next to “Screen Recording”.
- Wait for the three-second countdown to end. This gives you time to navigate to the content you want to record.
- Start recording by tapping the red recording button in the Control Center. When you’re recording, you’ll see a red bar at the top of your screen.
- Stop recording by tapping the red recording button again. You can also stop recording by tapping the red bar at the top of your screen and selecting “Stop”.
- The screen recording will be saved to your Photos app. You can view and edit the screen recording by opening the Photos app, selecting the recording, and tapping the “Edit” button.
Tips for Taking Screenshots and Screen Recordings on iPhone
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of taking screenshots and screen recordings on your iPhone:
- If you’re having trouble taking a screenshot or screen recording, make sure that your device isn’t in silent mode, and that you’re pressing the buttons correctly.
- If you want to take a screenshot or screen recording of something that requires multiple taps or swipes, you may want to practice your actions a few times before recording.
- You can use third-party apps to edit your screenshots and screen recordings, or to add annotations, captions, or other effects.
- Screen recordings can take up a lot of storage space, so it’s a good idea to delete them from your Photos app when you no longer need them.
- Be mindful of any sensitive or confidential information that may be visible on your screen before taking a screenshot or screen recording.