Snip & Sketch is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that allows you to take screenshots and edit them. It is a great alternative to the older Snipping Tool, as it offers more features and a more user-friendly interface.
How to take a screenshot using Snip & Sketch
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S to open the Snip & Sketch tool.
Select the type of screenshot you want to take:
- Rectangular snip: This is the default option and will capture a rectangular area of your screen.
- Freeform snip: This will allow you to draw a custom shape around the area you want to capture.
- Window snip: This will capture the entire active window.
- Full-screen snip: This will capture the entire screen.
Click and drag your mouse to select the area you want to capture.
Once you have selected the area you want to capture, release your mouse button.
How to edit a screenshot in Snip & Sketch
- After you have taken a screenshot, it will automatically open in the Snip & Sketch editor.
In the editor, you can use the following tools to edit your screenshot:
- Pen: Draw on your screenshot with a pen.
- Highlighter: Highlight important areas of your screenshot.
- Eraser: Erase any mistakes you have made.
- Crop: Crop your screenshot to the desired size.
- Rotate: Rotate your screenshot to the desired orientation.
- Resize: Resize your screenshot to a different size.
- Save: Save your screenshot as a PNG, JPEG, or GIF file.