Outlook.com is a popular email service provided by Microsoft that allows users to send and receive emails, manage their contacts, and keep track of their schedule. If you have an Outlook.com account, you can access your emails and other information from anywhere in the world by signing in to the Outlook.com website. In this article, we will walk you through the steps for signing in to Outlook.com and signing out of your account.
Here’s how to sign in to Outlook.com:
- Open a web browser and go to the Outlook.com website.
- Click the “Sign in” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your Outlook.com email address or phone number in the “Email or Phone Number” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Click the “Sign in” button.
If you’ve entered your email address and password correctly, you’ll be signed in to your Outlook.com account and will be able to access your emails, contacts, and calendar.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking the “Forgot my password” link on the sign-in page. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address or phone number, and Microsoft will send you a password reset link.
It’s important to sign out of your Outlook.com account when you’re finished using it, especially if you’re using a shared computer or a public computer. Signing out helps to protect your privacy and security, as well as the privacy and security of your contacts and other information stored in your Outlook.com account.
Here’s how to sign out of Outlook.com:
- Click the avatar (profile picture) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click “Sign out” in the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you want to sign out by clicking “Sign out” in the confirmation window.
After signing out, you’ll be taken back to the Outlook.com sign-in page.
In conclusion, signing in to and out of Outlook.com is a simple process that can be done from any computer with an internet connection. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to sign in to your Outlook.com account and sign out when you’re finished using it with ease. Whether you’re using a shared computer or a public computer, it’s important to sign out of your account when you’re finished using it to protect your privacy and security.