To install WordPress locally on Windows or Mac, follow these steps:
- Download a local server software: You will need a local server software to install WordPress locally. Popular options include XAMPP, MAMP, and WAMP. Download and install the software on your computer.
- Download WordPress: Download the latest version of WordPress from the official website and unzip the files.
- Create a new database: Open your local server software and create a new database for your WordPress installation.
- Move WordPress files: Move the unzipped WordPress files to the local server directory where your local server software is installed. For example, if you are using XAMPP on Windows, you would move the files to the htdocs folder in the XAMPP installation directory.
- Configure WordPress: Open your web browser and go to http://localhost/wordpress. Follow the prompts to configure WordPress, including selecting your language, entering your database information, and creating an admin account.
- Install WordPress: Once you have configured WordPress, click on the “Install WordPress” button to complete the installation process.
- Log in to your new WordPress site: Once the installation is complete, you can log in to your new WordPress site using the admin account you created during the installation process.
Installing WordPress locally on Windows or Mac allows you to develop and test your website before you launch it to the public. Follow these steps to install WordPress locally and start building your website today.