If you are encountering an “incorrect CAPTCHA” error on your Magento 2 store, there are a few steps you can take to try to fix the issue:
- Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve issues related to stored login information and other data that may be interfering with the CAPTCHA.
- Check CAPTCHA settings: Make sure that the CAPTCHA settings in your Magento 2 store are configured correctly. To do this, go to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > CAPTCHA. Ensure that the correct type of CAPTCHA is selected, and that the settings are configured correctly.
- Check file permissions: Make sure that the files related to the CAPTCHA are accessible and have the correct file permissions. Check the permissions for the following directories: /var/generation/, /var/cache/, and /var/page_cache/. You can do this via SSH or FTP.
- Check PHP settings: Make sure that the PHP settings on your server meet the requirements for Magento 2. Check that the version of PHP is compatible with Magento 2, and that the necessary extensions are installed.
- Check server logs: Check your server logs for any errors related to the CAPTCHA. These logs can help identify any server-related issues that may be interfering with the CAPTCHA.
If none of these steps help to resolve the issue, you may want to contact Magento support or seek the help of a developer with experience troubleshooting Magento 2 issues.