To enable customer login/register captcha in Magento 2, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Go to Stores > Configuration from the main menu.
- Click on the Customers tab and select the CAPTCHA section.
- Set Enable CAPTCHA on Storefront to “Yes”.
- Choose “Default” for the type of captcha.
- Set Displaying Mode to “After Number of Attempts to Login”.
- Set the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Login to “3” or any other value you prefer.
- Save the configuration changes.
Once you have enabled customer login/register captcha in Magento 2, customers will need to enter the captcha code to complete their registration or login after the specified number of unsuccessful login attempts. This helps to prevent automated bots from accessing your website and protects your customers’ accounts from potential hacking attempts.
Note that you can also customize the captcha settings in Magento 2, such as changing the font, size, and color of the captcha code. This can be done by clicking on the “Configure” button next to the Default captcha type in the CAPTCHA section of the Customers tab in the Magento 2 Admin Panel.