There are two ways to convert an Excel sheet to Google Sheets:
- Upload the Excel sheet to Google Drive. Once the Excel sheet is uploaded, you can open it in Google Sheets by double-clicking on it. Google Sheets will automatically convert the Excel sheet to its own format.
- Use the Google Sheets Import function. To use the Google Sheets Import function, open a new Google Sheet and click on the “File” menu. Then, select “Import.” In the Import dialog box, select the Excel sheet that you want to import and click on the “Open” button. Google Sheets will then import the Excel sheet and convert it to its own format.
Here are some additional tips for converting Excel sheets to Google Sheets:
- If you are using a recent version of Excel, you can save the Excel sheet as a .csv file. This will make it easier to import the Excel sheet into Google Sheets.
- If you are using an older version of Excel, you can use the “Save As” function to save the Excel sheet in a different format. For example, you can save the Excel sheet as a .txt file or a .tab file.
- If you are converting a large Excel sheet, it may take some time for Google Sheets to convert the sheet.
- If you are converting an Excel sheet that contains macros, Google Sheets will not be able to convert the macros.
Converting Excel sheets to Google Sheets is a great way to work on your spreadsheets online. Google Sheets offers a number of features that are not available in Excel, such as real-time collaboration and the ability to work on your spreadsheets from any device.