HEIC is a new image format used by Apple devices starting with iOS 11, which provides higher quality images at smaller file sizes than JPEG. However, some devices and apps may not support HEIC, so you may need to convert HEIC photos to JPEG. Here’s how to do it on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on “Camera”.
- Under “Formats”, select “Most Compatible” to change the camera capture format to JPEG.
- Now, open the “Photos” app and select the HEIC photo you want to convert.
- Tap on the “Share” icon (the square with an upward arrow) in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Swipe left on the bottom row of icons and tap on “Save as File”.
- In the “Save as File” screen, select “JPEG” as the file format.
- Tap on “Save” to save the converted JPEG image to your Photos library.
Note that converting HEIC photos to JPEG may result in a loss of image quality, as JPEG is a compressed image format. If you want to preserve the original quality of your photos, consider using cloud storage or other methods of sharing and viewing HEIC photos.