Here are some of the best ad blockers available:
- uBlock Origin – uBlock Origin is a free and open-source ad blocker that is available for Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. It is known for its fast and efficient blocking capabilities and low system resource usage.
- AdBlock Plus – AdBlock Plus is a popular ad blocker that is available for Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. It uses a filter list to block ads and offers customizable options for whitelisting certain websites.
- Ghostery – Ghostery is a privacy-focused ad blocker that is available for Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. It not only blocks ads, but also tracking scripts and cookies, helping to protect user privacy while browsing the web.
- AdGuard – AdGuard is a paid ad blocker that is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It uses multiple blocking methods, including DNS blocking, to effectively block ads and protect against malware and phishing attempts.
- Privacy Badger – Privacy Badger is a free and open-source ad blocker that is available for Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. It blocks ads and tracking scripts, but also learns over time to allow certain scripts that are deemed safe.
- Pi-hole – Pi-hole is a network-level ad blocker that can be installed on a home network to block ads across all devices connected to the network. It works by blocking DNS requests for known ad domains.
It’s important to note that some websites may require users to disable their ad blockers in order to access content. Additionally, using an ad blocker may impact the revenue of websites that rely on ads for funding, so it’s important to consider the impact on content creators before using an ad blocker.