Spotify is a popular music streaming platform that allows you to access a vast library of songs, albums, and playlists. While it’s convenient to listen to music on Spotify without having to download and store songs on your device, there may be times when you want to listen to your music offline.
For example, if you’re traveling without access to Wi-Fi or a reliable internet connection, you can still enjoy your favorite music with offline playback. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to download songs from Spotify for offline listening:
- Download and install the Spotify app: If you don’t already have the Spotify app installed on your device, you can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your Spotify account: Once you’ve installed the app, sign in to your Spotify account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one for free.
- Choose the songs you want to download: Browse through the Spotify library and find the songs you want to download for offline playback. You can search for songs, albums, or playlists, or you can use the Browse section to find recommendations based on your listening history.
- Add the songs to your offline playlist: To download songs for offline playback, you’ll need to add them to a playlist. To create a new playlist, tap the “+” icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then tap “Create Playlist.” Give your playlist a name and tap “Create.” To add songs to your playlist, simply tap and hold a song, and then tap “Add to Playlist.”
- Enable offline playback: To download your playlist for offline playback, you’ll need to enable offline playback. To do this, tap the “Settings” icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then tap “Playback.” Next, toggle the “Download” switch to the “On” position. Spotify will begin downloading your playlist and its songs.
- Listen to your music offline: Once your songs have finished downloading, you can listen to them offline by accessing your offline playlist. To do this, tap “Your Library” at the bottom of the screen, and then tap “Playlists.” Find your offline playlist and tap it to start listening. You can listen to your songs offline, even if you’re not connected to the internet.
Note: To keep your offline songs up-to-date, you’ll need to periodically update your offline playlist by downloading new songs and removing old ones. Also, be aware that some features, such as on-demand playback, may not be available when you’re offline.
That’s it! With these steps, you can download songs from Spotify for offline listening, and enjoy your music wherever you go, even without an internet connection.